Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Another cheap steadi-cam...

  1. #1
    Jambu
    Guest Jambu's Avatar

    Lightbulb


  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    That's kind of clever, but I've come up with a much better solution, and it doesn't take any tools!

    Get a monopod, and mount your camera on top of that.
    Then, get a 2.5 to 5 pound barbell weight, and a little clamp with rubber ends (you can get them at hardware stores) to hold the weight on the bottom of the monopod.

    If you want to be really flexible and cool! (like me!), get a fluid tripod head, and mount it to the top of the monopod, for full pans & tilts!

    I also mounted a kind of floating handle for even better isolation, by taking the handle from one of the "Lotta-Lite's" that I modified, drilling a hold through the monopod handle area, & getting a bolt& nut to hold the handle with.
    It pivots up & down.

    This has some benefits over the setup listed above:
    It's height adjustable, and you can drop the leg down to use the rig as a regular locked down monopod, it looks cooler than just some pipe, and it's lighter!
    I wish I had pictures.
    When I get my website up and running, I think I may post pictures of some of my more successful do-it-yourself rigs.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    That's kind of clever, but I've come up with a much better solution, and it doesn't take any tools!

    Get a monopod, and mount your camera on top of that.
    Then, get a 2.5 to 5 pound barbell weight, and a little clamp with rubber ends (you can get them at hardware stores) to hold the weight on the bottom of the monopod.

    If you want to be really flexible and cool! (like me!), get a fluid tripod head, and mount it to the top of the monopod, for full pans & tilts!

    I also mounted a kind of floating handle for even better isolation, by taking the handle from one of the "Lotta-Lite's" that I modified, drilling a hold through the monopod handle area, & getting a bolt& nut to hold the handle with.
    It pivots up & down.

    This has some benefits over the setup listed above:
    It's height adjustable, and you can drop the leg down to use the rig as a regular locked down monopod, it looks cooler than just some pipe, and it's lighter!
    I wish I had pictures.
    When I get my website up and running, I think I may post pictures of some of my more successful do-it-yourself rigs.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    That's kind of clever, but I've come up with a much better solution, and it doesn't take any tools!

    Get a monopod, and mount your camera on top of that.
    Then, get a 2.5 to 5 pound barbell weight, and a little clamp with rubber ends (you can get them at hardware stores) to hold the weight on the bottom of the monopod.

    If you want to be really flexible and cool! (like me!), get a fluid tripod head, and mount it to the top of the monopod, for full pans & tilts!

    I also mounted a kind of floating handle for even better isolation, by taking the handle from one of the "Lotta-Lite's" that I modified, drilling a hold through the monopod handle area, & getting a bolt& nut to hold the handle with.
    It pivots up & down.

    This has some benefits over the setup listed above:
    It's height adjustable, and you can drop the leg down to use the rig as a regular locked down monopod, it looks cooler than just some pipe, and it's lighter!
    I wish I had pictures.
    When I get my website up and running, I think I may post pictures of some of my more successful do-it-yourself rigs.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Jambu
    Guest Jambu's Avatar

    Exclamation

    Thanks... thanks... thanks...

    Still having problems sending replies?

    Take care

    JAMBU

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Hey, don't make fun of my stuttering problem!
    Seriously, I posted, then nothing showed up, so I did it again, and again, then gave up.
    I don't know why this happens to me sometimes...
    Oh well

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •